Institut für Versicherungswirtschaft (IVW)
Tannenstrasse 19, 9000 St. Gallen, Switzerland
+41 71 224 36 51
project entries (11)
SoM - School of Management
Ass. Professor of Risk Management and Insurance
fields of research
- Risk Management
- Insurance Economics
- Ph. D. in Applied Mathematics (after M. Sc. in Physics, Dipl. Ing. EPF):
From 2002 to 2006, I have been working as a research assistant in the Chair of Numerical Analysis and Simulation of Prof. Jacques Rappaz. My research theme was finite element methods with patches. Upon the invitation of Prof. Jiwen He, I have been exchange visitor at the University of Houston (USA) for a couple of months in 2002 and 2003. All along my thesis work I was collaborating with Hon. Prof. Philippe Choquard on fluid dynamics with long range self-interactions.
- Consultant in Financial Services and Insurance industry:
From 2006 to 2009, I have been working in the Zurich office of the The Boston Consulting Group. My work as a senior consultant focused on Financial Services and the Insurance industry worldwide. Apart from daily case work, I had a role as a Knowledge Manager in BCG's global Insurance Research Centre focusing on research, analysis and strategic thinking in the insurance industry. Key areas of responsibility included the preparation of strategic analysis reports and the definition and implementation of worldwide insurance landscape databases.
- Ass. Professor in Risk Management and Insurance:
In January 2010, I joined the Institute of Insurance Economics of the University of St. Gallen (HSG) and the Chair for Risk Management and Insurance of Prof. Hato Schmeiser as a project leader. Academic research, with the objective of a habilitation, focuses on areas in risk management and insurance, whereas industry links call for strategic advisory and studies in various insurance-related topics. With effect in August 2010, I have been elected to a position of Assistant Professor for Risk Management and Insurance at HSG's profile unit of Responsible Corporate Competitiveness.
- Dommer Prize of the EPFL (2002), rewarding the best average grade on the whole M. Sc. cursus of all EPFL.
- Landry Prize of the EPFL (2002), rewarding a scientific work (master thesis) with original personal research.
- Cousin Prize of the EPFL (2000), rewarding the best average grade on 1st and 2nd year exams and special aptitudes in Mathematics.
- Award by the Nic. Lanners Foundation (Lux.) (1996), for the publication of the textbook "A comme Algèbre" on elementary algebra
- Institute of Insurance Economics, University of St. Gallen (I.VW-HSG,
- Responsible Corporate Competitiveness profile unit, University of St. Gallen (RoCC HSG,
Detailed additional informations can be found at
additional links & downloads
researcher profile [PDF]
current publication list [PDF]
all publications as endnote reference import
RSS feed for recently published publications
researcher profile [XML]