Institute of Technology Management (ITEM)
Dufourstrasse 40a, CH-9000 St. Gallen, Switzerland
+41 71 224 7244
project entries (4)
SoM - School of Management
Tobias Kowatsch leads the
, a joint initiative of the
Institute of Technology Management, University of St.Gallen (ITEM-HSG)
Department of Management, Technology, and Economics, ETH Zurich
under the scientific direction of Prof. Dr. Elgar Fleisch.
fields of research
Design and evaluation of health information systems. His research was published in journals such as Computers and Human Behavior and presented at various conferences such as the European Conference on Information Systems.
He first studied media and computer science at Hochschule Furtwangen University (HFU). After studying in Scotland and doing social volunteering in South Africa, he attended the Master’s program in computer science in media at HFU in 2006 and passed with distinction. Since 2012, he also holds a master’s degree in business informatics from Saarland University.
In 2013, Tobias Kowatsch was awarded by Deutsche Bundesbank for the best exam of the 2012/2013 year of the Master's program in Business Informatics at Saarland University, Germany.
Best Paper Nominee and Claudio Ciborra Award Nominee: W. Maass, T. Kowatsch, S. Janzen & U. Varshney, A Natural Language Technology-enhanced Mobile Sales Assistant for In-store Shopping Situations, 19th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2011, approx. 900 submissions overall), Helsinki, Finland, 2011.
Wolfgang Maass and Tobias Kowatsch received the Best Paper Award of the Standing Committee of the 4th Mediterranean Conference on Information Systems (MCIS'09) for their paper entitled "Let's Get Married: Adoption of Interactive Product Information For Bundle Purchases By Tangible User Interfaces" in Athens, Greece, September 2009.
Tobias Kowatsch attended the Master's program Computer Science in Media at Furtwangen University and passed with distinction in 2006.
- Bled eConference (eBled): 2008-2010
- European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS): 2008, 2010-2012, 2014
- Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS): 2010-2014
- IEEE International Conference on Mobile Business (ICMB): 2008
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics - Part C: 2010, 2011
- Intelligent Environments: 2012, 2014
- International Conference on Digital Business: 2009
- International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS): 2009, 2013
- International Conference on Intelligent Environments: 2012,2014
- International Conference on Wirtschaftsinformatik: 2011, 2013
- Journal of Information Science: 2008
- Management Research Review: 2011, 2013
additional links & downloads
researcher profile [PDF]
current publication list [PDF]
all publications as endnote reference import
RSS feed for recently published publications
researcher profile [XML]